A delegation from the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) - comprising Irfan Pathan, Parvez Rasool and Vinod Khajuria - met the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president, Sourav Ganguly, on Monday to discuss the roadmap for Jammu and Kashmir cricket.
In a meeting at the Board's headquarters, which went for more than an hour, the delegation met Ganguly and the BCCI secretary, Jay Shah, to apprise them about the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
It has been learned that the delegation has informed Ganguly that the JKCA will soon conduct fresh elections, following the new BCCI constitution.
Ever since the government's decision to revoke Article 370 in Kashmir, there has been communication breakdown. And for that, while most of the associations had fresh elections in October, JKCA did not have an election due to turbulent situation in the valley.
Only the constitution was amended to fall in line. But now, the association hopes that election will be held soon, provided the situation improves.
The delegation also apprised the Board about the ground conditions. Usually, the J&K team plays at the Sher e Kashmir stadium in Srinagar till November and then moves to the College ground in Jammu.
Now with not much time left for the Ranji Trophy, they also apprised the Board about where the preparations stand.
Contrary to speculations, the JKCA officials have told the BCCI that efforts are being taken to play the home matches in Jammu.
"Since they are confident of hosting the Ranji Trophy games in Jammu, the Board will provide full support to ensure that cricket is not affected," one of the senior BCCI officials aware of the development, told Sportstar .
Ahead of the season, Jammu and Kashmir team had travelled to Vadodara for pre-season camp.
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup