New Zealand has been dealt a double blow ahead of the second Test against England with Trent Boult and Colin de Grandhomme ruled out.
Boult will miss the Test, starting in Hamilton on Friday, due to a strained muscle overlying his ribs on his right side.
De Grandhomme has a torn lower left abdominal muscle, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) confirmed in a statement on Wednesday.
"Both players will remain at home to rest and begin rehabilitation ahead of the Black Caps' departure for Australia on December 7," the statement read.
Boult finished with match figures of 1-103 and De Grandhomme 3-56 in New Zealand's comprehensive win in the first Test.
De Grandhomme also made a handy 65 with the bat as the Black Caps claimed victory by an innings and 65 runs.
All-rounder Daryl Mitchell has earned his maiden Test call-up, while Lockie Ferguson and Todd Astle have rejoined the squad.
- England vs Bangladesh LIVE Streaming info, World Cup 2023 warm-ups: When and where to watch ENG vs BAN practice match today?
- New Zealand vs South Africa LIVE Streaming info, World Cup 2023 warm-ups: When and where to watch NZ vs SA practice match today?
- Mohun Bagan vs Maziya LIVE streaming info, AFC Cup 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: India wins 2 bronze in speed skating 3000m relay; Vithya Ramraj equals PT Usha’s national record in 400m hurdles heat
- Athletics LIVE updates, Asian Games 2023: Tejaswin in action in shot put next; Palaksha, Santhosh into men’s 400m hurdles final; Hangzhou 2022 streaming info