Persistent rain ruled out a resumption of play immediately after the lunch break on day one of the second Test between New Zealand and Pakistan in Hamilton on Friday.
New Zealand was 77-2 when the rain forced the players from the field 15 minutes before the scheduled adjournment with Jeet Raval on 35 and Ross Taylor on 29.
Opener Tom Latham was out on the first ball he faced and Kane Williamson made 13 while for Pakistan Mohammad Amir and Sohail Khan have a wicket each.
Occasional rain is forecast for the first four days of the Test in which New Zealand, having won the first Test, only needs a draw to secure its first series win over Pakistan in more than 30 years.
Pakistan needs a win to square the series and extend their two-year streak of having not lost a series.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal: TN vs SAU, VID vs KAR, MP vs AND, MUM vs BAR; Toss updates, live streaming
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 1: ENG wins toss, opts to bat; Akash Deep comes in for Bumrah
- IND vs ENG: Rehan Ahmed returns home ahead of fourth Test against India
- NBA: Pistons’ Isaiah Stewart suspended 3 games; assault charge dropped
- 2012 Olympic champ Gabby Douglas pulls out of first meet in 8 years after testing positive for COVID