Arshdeep Singh was named the player of the match for his fine show with the ball. The fast bowler finished with figures of 3-0-19-3 and played an instrumental role as Punjab registered its first win of the season.
Rain stopped play during KKR’s run chase and Punjab was ahead in terms of DRS. Kolkata was seven runs short when the umpires took the players off the field.
Andre Russell entertained with a cameo as the West Indian knocked the ball out of the park.
Sikandar Raza dismissed KKR skipper Nitish Rana and helped Punjab stay on top of the game.
KKR skipper Nitish Rana stabilised the run chase after the early fall of wickets.
Nathan Ellis further dented KKR’s run chase by dismissing Rahmanullah Gurbaz as Kolkata lost three wickets inside the PowerPlay.
Arshdeep Singh provided the perfect start for Punjab by picking two early wickets.
Tim Southee was the pick of the KKR bowlers with two wickets.
Shikhar Dhawan and Bhanuka Rajapaksa forged an important 86-run stand for the second wicket.
Sam Curran provided the finishing touches to the Punjab innings with an entertaining cameo.
Bhanuka Rajapaksa hit a fine half-century to help Punjab post a challenging total on the board.
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships
- Arif Khan: From Valley to Beijing with hope and valour
- Covid-19: The state of women's tournaments across the world