Rohit Sharma is cleared to play in the first T20I against Bangladesh after the opener took a blow on his abdomen while batting in the nets on Friday.
The BCCI medical team confirmed that Rohit is fit and available for the first T20I in New Delhi on Sunday after assessment of his injury.
Rohit, who will lead India in the three-match T20I series in Virat Kohli’s absence, immediately left the nets after getting hit. Moreover, he wasn't happy with the pace at which the throwdown delivery was hurled at him.
After the T20 series, both teams will be playing a two-Test series, with one being a day-night clash with the pink ball under lights.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis