Bangladeshi fast bowler Rubel Hossain has been ruled out of action for at least a month after colliding with a door and breaking his jaw while on tour in England, his doctor said on Wednesday.
The mishap occurred in the Bangladesh team hotel in Birmingham on June 15 after the semifinal loss to India in the Champions Trophy. Bangladesh Cricket Board physician Monirul Amin said Rubel underwent surgery on Wednesday and would need four to six weeks off to recover.
"We hope he will be fine after that period, and make himself available for selection for the Australia series," Amin told AFP , referring to the first of two Tests starting late August.
Rubel featured in all four of Bangladesh's Champions Trophy matches but claimed just two wickets at an average of 95.50. Bangladesh progressed to the semifinal of the 50-over tournament for the first time in its history, but was crushed by India in a nine-wicket thumping.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures