Sanju Samson and Deepak Hooda recorded a 176-run partnership for the second-wicket during India's second T20I against Ireland in Malahide on Tuesday.
The duo, featuring for the first time as a pair in international cricket, broke Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul's (165) record for the highest T20I partnership among Indians for any wicket during the stand.
While Samson on 77 - his highest T20I score - Deepak Hooda proceeded to smash his maiden century. Hooda reached the mark in just his third T20I innings and became the fourth Indian batter to record the milestone.
- Harmanpreet Kaur suspended, to miss start of Asian Games
- BCCI announces India’s international fixtures for home season in 2023-24
- Naoya Inoue stops Stephen Fulton and wins world titles in fourth weight class
- Misbah-ul-Haq set to join PCB as advisor
- PSG without Mbappe holds Ronaldo and Co. to a draw in pre-season friendly