Shahid Afridi announced on Saturday he has tested positive for COVID-19. The Pakistan star said he had been unwell since Thursday.
In a post on Twitter , Afridi said: “I’ve been feeling unwell since Thursday; my body had been aching badly. I’ve been tested and unfortunately I’m COVID positive. Need prayers for a speedy recovery.”
Ever since the outbreak of the pandemic, Afridi has been on a new mission - to help the poor suffering amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the last few months, Afridi’s routine has been quite hectic. As the founder of the Shahid Afridi Foundation, the 40-year-old has been donating food, disinfectant soap, masks and other amenities to the needy in Pakistan.
It has been learnt that he is under self-isolation at his home.
Official statistics showed a record 6,397 new cases in Pakistan and 107 deaths on Thursday, taking the tally to 125,933 cases and 2,463 fatalities.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures