The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) says all-rounder Ben Stokes was arrested after an incident in Bristol.
In a statement, the ECB added that Stokes was detained early Monday but was released without charge in the evening.
The ECB says Alex Hales, who was with teammate Stokes at the time of his arrest, returned to Bristol in southwest England on Tuesday to help police with the investigation. Hales and Stoke will miss the fourth one-day international against the West Indies at The Oval on Wednesday.
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals