Ricky Bhui cracked an impressive unbeaten 108 off 42 balls to fashion Andhra's emphatic 179-run win over Nagaland in a Group A match of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20 tournament at Mulapadu Cricket Complex on Friday.
Batting first, Andhra scored 244 for four in 20 overs with Ricky Bhui playing a stroke-filled innings. The other notable contributor was Hanuma Vihari who made an impressive 48.
In reply, Nagaland was blown away for 65 in 13.1 overs.
Pace bowler K.V. Sasikanth, leg-spinners Karn Sharma and S.K. Ismail picked three wickets apiece.
Ishan Kishan slams ton
In another match, opener Ishan Kishan slammed a belligerent unbeaten century (100, 55b, 8*4, 7*6) to guide Jharkhand to a convincing nine-wicket win over Jammu & Kashmir.
Put into bat, J&K scored a challenging 168 for nine in 20 overs with Jatin Wadhwan, Shubham Khajuria and Manzoor Dar chipping in with useful knocks.
And, when Jharkhand began the chase it seemed to be in a hurry with opener Anand Singh and Ishan putting on 104 runs in 11.4 overs before the former was dismissed.
This was Jharkhand's second consecutive win.
In another match, Delhi discovered its winning ways with a 10-wicket win over Manipur thanks to half-centuries from the free-stroking openers Unmukt Chand and Hiten Dalal.
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 final: SL 50/10; Mohammed Siraj picks six; IND 34/0 in 4 overs
- I did not chase wickets, says Siraj after record 6/21 spell against Sri Lanka in Asia Cup final
- Best ODI bowling figures: Siraj 6/21 in Asia Cup final against Sri Lanka takes him to no. 31 in all-time list
- Igor Stimac: No training session before China game, we will give tactical preparation on flight
- Asian Games 2023 Quiz - Set 7