India women’s team captain Harmanpreet Kaur will play for Trent Rockets while her deputy Smriti Mandhana will turn out for Southern Brave in this year’s The Hundred cricket tournament.
While Harmanpreet was signed by Trent Rockets at The Hundred draft held on Thursday, Mandhana was retained by Southern Brave.
A total of 64 positions -- men and women -- were filled up in Thursday’s The Hundred Draft.
The women’s draft was held for the first time.
Among big names among men, Pakistanis Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf were picked up by Welsh Fire, Pakistan captain Babar Azam went unsold.
Former West Indies captain Kieron Pollard and New Zealand left-arm pacer Trent Boult also were unsold.
The 2023 edition of The Hundred will begin on August 1, with Trent Rockets taking on Southern Brave in the men’s and women’s competition respectively.
- Atletico Madrid extends contract of coach Diego Simeone to 2027
- New Zealand test cricketer Henry Nicholls to face ball tampering charge
- Europa League 2023: West Ham secures late win over Olympiakos, Marseille beats AEK
- Europa League 2023: Liverpool loses 3-2 at Toulouse; Brighton beats Ajax
- SA vs AFG head-to-head record in ODIs: South Africa vs Afghanistan overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match