Australia has recalled pacer Andrew Tye as a replacement for Pat Cummins for the T20 international series against India.
It is learnt that the team management has decided to rest Cummins for the shortest format of the game ahead of the upcoming Ashes.
That is the reason, Tye — a T20 specialist — has been brought into the side. Tye, who shot to fame after his hat-trick for the Gujarat Lions in the Indian Premier League, has played five matches for Australia and last represented the country in February.
He has not played any cricket since dislocating his shoulder during the IPL.
The T20 series begins in Ranchi on October 7, followed by the second and third game in Guwahati and Hyderabad on October 10 and 13 respectively.
- Gujarat Giants’ Sayali Satghare becomes first-ever concussion substitute in WPL history
- WPL 2024: Dominant Delhi Capitals hands Gujarat Giants fourth straight loss
- Premier League 2023-24: Foden brace helps Man City win Manchester Derby 3-1 over United after dream comeback
- Women’s Super League: Title-chasing Arsenal beats Tottenham 1-0 as Alessia Russo scores
- Delhi Open: Geoffrey Blancaneaux claims second challenger title after commanding win over Wong in final