Virat Kohli ended a 1019-day drought for his 71st international hundred with his maiden T20I ton for India in an Asia Cup 2022 Super Four match against Afghanistan in Dubai.
Kohli blasted numerous records during the course of his innings. Kohli opened the innings in the absence of Indian skipper Rohit Sharma and was dropped on 28 by Afghanistan’s Ibrahim Zadran. He is currently the highest-scorer in this Asia Cup with 276 runs in five innings. Ahead of the tournament, Kohli had only featured in four T20Is this year, scoring 81 runs in four innings.
The 33-year-old had previously scored an international hundred during a pink-ball Test against Bangladesh on November 23, 2019 in Kolkata.
Here’s a look at all the milestones the former India captain achieved during his unbeaten knock of 122 from 61 balls.
- ⦿ Virat Kohli smashed the highest individual T20I score by an Indian - surpassing Rohit Sharma’s 118 against Sri Lanka
- ⦿ Kohli became the fourth Indian to score a century in all formats (after Suresh Raina, Rohit and KL Rahul).
- ⦿ Kohli is the sixth Indian to smash a T20I hundred - joining Rohit, KL Rahul, Suresh Raina, Suryakumar Yadav and Deepak Hooda.
- ⦿ Kohli equalled Ricky Ponting for the second-most international hundreds - 71
- ⦿ Kohli equalled Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul for the most T20 centuries among Indians - 6.
- ⦿ Kohli became the second Indian to smash 100 T20I sixes after Rohit and the 10th batter overall.
- ⦿ Kohli’s 122* is the highest T20I score in any match held in UAE
- ⦿ Kohli became the second man to cross the 3500-run mark in T20Is after Rohit Sharma.
- ⦿ Kohli became the seventh batter to cross 24,000 international runs. He is the third Indian to cross the mark after Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.
- ⦿ Kohli is the fastest to reach 24,000 international runs in 522 innings - he surpassed Tendulkar who reached the mark in 540 innings.
- ⦿ Kohli is the first batter to score a century in Men’s Asia Cup T20s.
- ⦿ Kohli equalled Afghanistan’s Mohammad Nabi for the joint-most ‘Man of the Match’ awards in T20Is - 13
- ⦿ Kohli surpassed Rohit Sharma to become India’s leading run-scorer in Asia Cup history - 1042