Atletico Madrid has reported Barcelona to FIFA over its alleged pursuit of star striker Antoine Griezmann, world football's governing body has confirmed.
Atletico's complaint comes after Barca director Guillermo Amor said this week it was possible that club president Josep Maria Bartomeu "had a meeting with Griezmann's family", though he clarified he was unsure whether that was the case.
France international Griezmann has a contract at the Wanda Metropolitano until June 2022 but continues to be linked with a move away.
Griezmann was reportedly closing in on a move to Manchester United during the close-season, but opted to remain at Atletico.
Coach Diego Simeone then recently stoked speculation by saying he would not stand in Griezmann's way should he desire a new challenge.
But Atletico is unimpressed with Barca's pursuit of the 26-year-old, with the capital club alleging illegal contact has been made between the two parties and FIFA confirmed to Omnisport that a complaint has been made.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal breaks into top-20 of ICC Test Rankings
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter