Barcelona is not negotiating deals for Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar or Inter forward Lautaro Martinez, according to La Liga president Javier Tebas.
The Catalan giant has been heavily linked with moves for Neymar and Martinez amid growing speculation it could land both – or at least one – of the stars.
However, Tebas played down the rumours, saying Barca had other priorities amid the coronavirus pandemic.
"It's not true that Barca are currently in negotiation processes in the signing of these two players," he told the Adea Conecta forum on Friday.
"They are most focused on when the season can resume as opposed to new acquisitions. There will be swap deals in the short-term future, but transfers are not high on the priority of European clubs at present.
"They want to limit the damage caused by the halt in activity, but everything is still on hold. No Neymar nor Lautaro, these names are not high on the priority list at present for Barca."
Tebas added: "The club at present don't have the capacity to make these signings, at present it's completely impossible."
The La Liga season was suspended last month due to coronavirus, which has killed more than 22,500 people in Spain.
Latest on Sportstar
- Jabeur overcomes slow start to reach French Open fourth round
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years
- Fan arrested for ‘97’ slogan on shirt