Barcelona has agreed a deal to sign young striker Vitor Roque from Brazilian side Athletico Paranaense, the Spanish champion said Wednesday.
The 18-year-old forward will join Barca from the start of the 2024-25 season on a deal until the summer of 2031.
“The release clause is fixed at 500 million euros ($551 million),” said Barcelona in a statement.
Spanish reports suggest the Catalans will pay 30 million euros for the Brazil striker with another 31 million euros in potential add-ons.
Barcelona has brought in Ilkay Gundogan and Inigo Martinez on free transfers this summer, with the Catalan giants still suffering from financial difficulties.
It is currently able to spend only 50 percent of any savings or new income because of La Liga financial restrictions on clubs exceeding their spending limit, as determined by the Spanish league.
Roque, one of the hottest prospects in Brazilian football, has scored six goals in his last six games.
The forward made his debut for the Brazilian national team in March and is able to play in wider areas as well as through the middle.
Roque finished as top goalscorer at the South American Under-20 championship earlier this year with six goals as Brazil triumphed.
Barcelona is still looking for a holding midfielder to replace captain Sergio Busquets, who left the club at the end of last season to join Inter Miami.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Jani strikes twice to restrict TN; Karnataka eyes big partnership vs VID
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 3: IND 236/7, trails by 117 runs; Jurel, Kuldeep fight on
- Australia wins rain-hit third T20 against New Zealand by 27 runs
- Manchester United can still finish fourth, says Ten Hag
- Romero scores twice as bottom side Almeria holds Atletico to a draw