Borussia Dortmund snatched a 1-0 victory over Chelsea in its Champions League round of 16 first leg on Wednesday courtesy of Karim Adeyemi’s 63rd-minute goal to stretch its winning run to seven matches in all competitions this year.
Germany international Adeyemi sprinted more than 60 metres and slotted home against the run of play to give his team the advantage going into the return leg in London on March 7.
Big-spending Chelsea’s efficiency in front of goal has been an issue for the Premier League club this season, with only one win in 2023, and it was evident again.
It missed several good chances, including hitting the woodwork through Joao Felix but failed to find an equaliser, with Dortmund keeper Gregor Kobel denying Enzo Fernandez in stoppage-time.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final: Shardul Thakur slams third consecutive Test fifty at Oval, equals Bradman and Border
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 3: India 296 all out, Australia leads by 173 runs
- LIVE India vs Mongolia updates; Intercontinental Cup: Streaming info; When, where to watch; Kick-off at 7:30 PM
- WTC Final: India avoids follow-on against Australia by crossing 270-run mark
- Deepthi overcomes intellectual impairment to win silver in Virtus Global Games