Chennaiyin FC has extended Karanjit Singh’s playing contract by one year, besides incorporating him as the club’s goalkeeping coach for the 2019-20 season.
“I am very happy to continue with the Chennaiyin family, which has been a home away from home for me over the years. I am glad the club has entrusted me with the added responsibility of goalkeeping coach along with my primary goalkeeping duties, and I look forward to delivering on both fronts. The supporters can be rest assured we will give our everything to help CFC taste success again!” Karanjit remarked.
John Gregory, the head coach, welcomed the news of Karanjit’s appointment. He said, “Karanjit is an experienced hand who has been an integral member of the club's successes over the years. I firmly believe he has earned the added responsibility of goalkeeping coach for the coming season, and I am sure he will deliver on the same. I look forward to working with him in his new role as we start afresh in our pursuit of the club's third ISL title!”
Karanjit has had 61 appearances so far for Chennaiyin FC. He played a key role in the club’s fruitful run in 2017-18; he had seven clean-sheets in 20 matches.
Earlier this year, Karanjit kept seven clean sheets in nine games over a two-month period in March and April.
- PSG held to goalless draw at Monaco
- Late Okafor strike earns Milan 1-0 win at depleted Lazio
- Bayern Munich concedes late equaliser in 2-2 draw with Freiburg
- Bengaluru FC vs Kerala Blasters LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener