Relegation-threatened Nottingham Forest grabbed a precious point at Chelsea in the Premier League on Saturday, thanks to two goals from Nigerian forward Taiwo Awoniyi.
Forest earned the early advantage when Renan Lodi lofted a ball into the Chelsea area in the 13th minute. Goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, who had not played since getting injured playing for Senegal at the World Cup, came off his line but misjudged the flight and Awoniyi rose between two defenders to head home.
Raheem Sterling scored Chelsea’s 51st-minute equaliser with a simple close-range shot from a pinpoint cross by defender Trevoh Chalobah.
The goal gave the home side the confidence that has been so lacking in recent games and Sterling doubled his tally in the 58th minute with a fine curling shot after a surging run and pass from Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
But barely four minutes later Forest was back level, Awoniyi grabbing his second with a close-range header after a long throw.
The result kept Forest three points clear of the drop zone with two games of the season left. Chelsea remained 11th as it limps towards the end of a disappointing campaign.
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships
- Arif Khan: From Valley to Beijing with hope and valour
- Covid-19: The state of women's tournaments across the world