Chelsea has submitted an appeal to FIFA over the club's two-window transfer ban, world football's governing body has confirmed.
FIFA's Disciplinary Committee sanctioned Chelsea last month over 29 cases in which the club was found to have breached regulations relating to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18.
Responding to the ban, which prevents Chelsea from registering any new signings before the end of the 2019-20 season, a club statement said it "categorically refutes" FIFA's claims and would be appealing.
"The club wishes to emphasise that it respects the important work undertaken by FIFA in relation to the protection of minors and has fully cooperated with FIFA throughout its investigation," Chelsea said.
A FIFA spokesperson confirmed on Tuesday that Chelsea has now submitted its appeal against the ban.
Barcelona was handed a similar transfer ban in 2014 but an appeal by the La Liga club pushed the punishment into the following year.
It subsequently signed Luis Suarez, Ivan Rakitic, Jeremy Mathieu, Claudio Bravo and Marc-Andre ter Stegen before the ban came into effect.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures