Lyon denied reports it had agreed a deal to sell defender Ferland Mendy to Real Madrid.
Mendy, a France international, is linked with a EUR 50 million move to the La Liga giant after two seasons with Lyon. However, the Ligue 1 outfit dismissed reports it had already reached an agreement with Madrid for the left-back.
"Olympique Lyonnais denies an agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of international defender Ferland Mendy, contrary to what has been reported by some media outlets," the club wrote on Twitter on Tuesday.
Zinedine Zidane has already started a rebuild at Madrid after a poor 2018-19 season in which it finished third in La Liga and 19 points behind champion and rival Barcelona.
It signed striker Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt on Tuesday and is expected to bring in Chelsea star Eden Hazard.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 LIVE Score, Bengaluru Bulls vs Dabang Delhi KC: BB 12-17 DD, Delhi keeps a sizeable lead at HALF TIME, Puneri Paltan vs U Mumba up next
- Olympic chiefs give green light to participation of Russian athletes as neutrals
- Premier League: Klopp happy with Liverpool’s progress after team rebuild
- New cricket and FIFA-approved stadiums planned ahead of international sports summit in in Kerala
- Rashford must fight for Man Utd place, says Ten Hag