Real Madrid has announced the signing of Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt for a reported fee of €60million.
Jovic became one of Europe's most in-demand players after scoring 17 Bundesliga goals and a further 10 in Eintracht's run to the semi-finals of the Europa League in 2018-19.
Barcelona was said to be interested in signing Jovic and reportedly scouted the Serbia striker as it hunts for a long-term successor to Luis Suarez.
But it is LaLiga rival Madrid which has sealed a deal for Jovic, who has signed a five-year contract with Los Blancos as they look to rebuild under Zinedine Zidane.
Jovic becomes the second player to join Madrid since Zidane's return, with a €50million move for Porto defender Eder Militao concluded in March.
Eintracht has made a massive profit on the 21-year-old as it only trigged a purchase option in his loan deal from Benfica for a reported €6m in April.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE score, pre-quarterfinals updates: KER 2/0 vs MAH, Bengal bowls first vs Gujarat
- Tennis great Evert reveals cancer recurrence
- Russian athletes back in doping spotlight after Paris Olmypics green light
- Hamilton deplores FIA’s investigation into Mercedes boss
- Healy appointed Australian women’s cricket captain