Atletico de Kolkata find themselves in a familiar spot as its marquee player Helder Postiga has been advised rest ahead of its crucial away match against Mumbai City FC in the Indian Super League on October 11.
“He has been advised rest and it appears that he may be able to play soon. We expect Postiga to continue playing a vital part in the team’s goal to lift the trophy for the second time,” the Kolkata franchise said without making clear whether Postiga would be fit for the next match.
The Portuguese World Cupper, who was ruled out because of an injury after a 72-minute appearance last season, has suffered a rib injury in its 1-0 win over Kerala Blasters in Kochi.
Having ascertained the nature of the injury after an MRI scan, the team insisted that the injury was minor and he would be fit soon.
“The test reports which came sometime back shows there is no reason of worry and the injury is a minor one.”
ATK has one draw and one win, while Mumbai are in rampaging form with two wins from as many matches.
Mumbai has roped in Uruguayan super start Diego Forlan who was reportedly in talks with ATK but the deal failed to materialise as the Kolkata franchise retained Postiga for another season.
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals