Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe backed Ryan Fraser to shine in the new Premier League season following his stellar start in the 2-0 win over Cardiff City.
The Scotland international scored midway through the first half before Callum Wilson atoned for a penalty miss to seal victory in stoppage time at the Vitality Stadium.
Fraser's goal was his ninth in the Premier League and he would have capped the performance with an assist had David Brooks, an off-season signing from Sheffield United, not fluffed a gilt-edged header after half-time.
Howe reserved special praise for both wingers.
"David Brooks is young, talented and you saw a glimpse of his potential. I was really happy with his contribution overall," the Cherries boss told reporters.
"With Ryan, he did well for us last year and as the season got going, he really came into his own.
"He's a real talent and he can take confidence from this game. He's a big player for us."
While Bournemouth ended a run of three successive opening-weekend defeats, Cardiff was dealt a dose of reality following last season's surprise promotion.
Neil Warnock, in charge of a top-flight side for the first time since 2014, refused to be disheartened by the defeat, however.
"[Bournemouth] are an established team in the Premier League and we could have got a result here on another day," the ex-Crystal Palace manager told BBC Sport .
"We're looking forward to the season and a few lads were a bit nervous but once that rubbed off, it was okay.
"We didn't have Ken Zohore today and we've got Harry Arter to come back as well. We've got a lot to look forward to."
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 2 - LIVE - Ayhika-Sutirtha pair wins bronze in women’s doubles table tennis; India stays fourth with 56 medals
- India vs Bangladesh hockey LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023 updates: Harmanpreet, Manpreet scores hat-trick IND leads 10-0 vs BAN in fourth quarter
- New Zealand vs South Africa LIVE SCORE, World Cup 2023 warm-up: NZ 24/1 vs SA; Ngidi gets Young
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: Satwik-Chirag, Kidambi Srikanth win; Indians pick three medals on October 2
- Kabaddi Live Score, Asian Games 2023: India leads Chinese Taipei in Women’s Group A, Streaming info and updates