Spanish center-back Roberto Eslava on Tuesday signed a three-year contract extension with reigning I-League champion Chennai City FC.
Eslava joined the club last year and played a crucial part in Chennai City's maiden I-League title win during the 2018-19 season.
The 31-year-old scored two goals in 16 matches during the course of the season but missed the title-decider against Minerva Punjab in March, after he pulled his hamstring during the warm-ups. The injury also kept him out of the Super Cup where the club was eliminated in the semifinals.
Eslava shepherded his young centre-back partner Gaurav Bora, who stepped with a match-winning brace against Minerva in Coimbatore.
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr LIVE Score, HIL 1-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic gives Hilal the lead
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs
- F1’s Williams Racing re-signs Logan Sargeant for 2024