Sandesh Jhingan became the latest India international to move to Bengaluru FC after signing for the I-League champion here on Thursday. The 23-year-old defender arrived from Indian Super League (ISL) side Kerala Blasters on loan, and joined the likes of Lenny Rodrigues, Mandar Rao Desai and Harmanjot Khabra at the club.
We're leaving teasers aside for this one. Bengaluru, >@SandeshJhingan is a Blue! Report to follow. >#WelcomeJhingan>pic.twitter.com/RM7yCAHA3m— Bengaluru FC (@bengalurufc) >January 12, 2017
"In Jhingan, we have signed a player who can turn out as a central defender and provide cover in full-back positions," said BFC head coach Albert Roca. "He is coming off the back of a very good ISL campaign and his introduction adds to a squad that will need his presence as we look to compete in both the I-League and the AFC competitions."
Jhingan started his career at United Sikkim in 2011 and then moved to Mumbai FC. Last season, he turned out for DSK Shivajians in the I-League. "It feels great to be here. Bengaluru FC are the champions and one of the best clubs in India right now, so it's an honour to have been approached by them. I had no doubts in my mind and when the offer came about I just said yes," he said.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 32-44 DEN; Denver storms ahead in second quarter - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best