Indian Super League side Delhi Dynamos has bolstered its attack with the signing of young Daniel Lahlimpuia for a two-year tenure.
The 20-year-old forward, who was plying his trade with Bengaluru FC for the last three years, started his career with the Chandigarh Football Academy back in 2007, before moving to the AIFF Elite Academy in 2013 where he spent two years.
Read: BFC signs Kean Lewis
The striker from Mizoram was also part of the Chennaiyin FC squad back in ISL Season 3.
I am delighted to sign for Delhi Dynamos. The club’s ethos is based on giving young players a chance and I feel at this stage of my career it is the ideal step for me. I want to contribute to the success of the club in the coming years, Lahlimpuia said.
Lahlimpuia played a pivotal role in Bengaluru FC’s AFC Cup campaign over the years helping it reach the final, while also leading the side to the next round this year.
The striker has been rewarded for his consistent performances by the national team as well, making his debut in September 2016 against Puerto Rico.
Lahlimpuia has represented the country in the age-group categories and captained the U-19 side as well.
My aim is to give my 100 per cent in every game that I play and make the most of this opportunity. I want the fans to go home happy after they see our side play, the striker said.
- WI vs ENG, 1st ODI: West Indies completes its second highest successful run-chase, beats England by four wickets
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- IND vs AUS, 5th T20I: Arshdeep Singh holds nerve in tense final over as India wins series 4-1