Atletico Dè Kolkata (ATK) defeated ex-India international Dipendu Biswas XI in a closed door practice match at the Bidhannagar Sports Complex.
Though ATK scored four goals, the scoreline could have been worse Diperndu Baswas' team, had the Red and Whites converted the plethora of chances that came its way.
ATK dominated the match right from the beginning in terms of passing, pressing and possession. Portugese World Cupper Helder Postiga scored an easy tap in from an assist by Sameegh Doutie in the initial stages.
The opponents tried to break through in the 1st half with their Ivory Coast Striker, Dodos shooting a few long rangers from distance. The away team even came close on numerous occasions when Debjit Majumdar had to be called for action.
The scores at half time was ATK leading by one goal.
In the 2nd Half ATK head Coach Jose Molina introduced several fresh legs to have a look at them before the team's first league match a week later. Another Spanish player Juan Belencoso, who came on as a substitute scored right after the match resumed, scored from an assist by Jewel Raja.
Mercurial Ian Hume added a 3rd goal from an assist by Bidyananda Singh midway through the 2nd half. At the dying stages of the match new signing Bikramjit Singh scored a solo goal from outside 18 yards dribbling past 3 opponents.
The goal was well appreciated by the ATK Coaching Staff and players.
Overall the side exhibited a well disciplined performance right till the end. This victory will give them a lot of confidence ahead of its league opener with just a week to go.
"I am happy with the way the boys came together and displayed their skills. These are early days and we are trying different combinations at the moment prior to our kick off on 2nd October. There is still some room for improvement though and we will work on them over next few days." said José Molina.
- Ancy Sojan follows Dhoni’s mantra to take off into the night in Hangzhou with her dancing shoes on
- ODI World Cup 2023 warm-up: New Zealand beats South Africa by seven runs via DLS; Bavuma joining team soon
- UEFA announces minimum standards framework for women’s national teams
- Andretti Global clears FIA expansion approval, might join F1 as an 11th team on the grid
- Agasara Nandini on Swapna Barman’s transgender allegation: Sad that she did not think before defaming India’s name in a foreign country