Aaron Ramsey will miss the chance to make his competitive Juventus debut in its opening Serie A game against Parma.
The Wales midfielder, who left Arsenal as a free agent to join the Italian champion, is absent from Juve's 23-man squad.
Daniele Rugani, who has been linked with a move away from the club, is also missing but new signing Matthijs de Ligt could feature.
Fellow fresh faces Adrien Rabiot, Danilo and Merih Demiral are also included, along with former Parma goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon after his return from Paris Saint-Germain.
Juve's new head coach Maurizio Sarri will not make the trip to Stadio Ennio Tardini as he is recovering from pneumonia.
The club confirmed in a statement released on Thursday that former Chelsea boss Sarri would also be absent from the bench for the visit of his old club Napoli next weekend.
- RCB vs UPW, WPL 2024: Asha Shobana Joy becomes first Indian to take five wickets in WPL history
- WPL 2024: Asha’s five-wicket haul helps RCB defeat UP Warriorz in a thriller
- La Liga: Barcelona breezes past Getafe 4-0 to climb to second place
- Barcelona has not given up hope of winning successive La Liga titles, says coach Xavi
- Paolini downs giant-slayer Kalinskaya to win Dubai Championships