Athletic Bilbao comfortably defeated Real Betis 4-0 to move further away from the relegation zone in La Liga on Monday.
Athletic got on the board with an own goal by Victor Ruiz in the ninth minute and Ander Capa added to the lead before halftime. Iker Muniain scored in the 59th and ĭlex Berenguer sealed the scoring in the 68th.
Betis goalkeeper Claudio Bravo had to make a few good saves to keep the host from an even bigger win at San Mames Stadium in Bilbao.
The result moved Athletic to eighth place. It was just two points above the relegation zone entering the match.
Manuel Pellegrini’s Betis also is in mid-table, though it has played one game more than Athletic.
Real Sociedad leads the league with 23 points, three more than second-placed Atletico Madrid, which has two games in hand.
- AUS vs NZ, 1st T20I: Australia registers its third-highest successful run chase, beats New Zealand in last-ball thriller
- Delhi Capitals WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures
- Coach Thomas Tuchel to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season
- Dortmund fumes over Eindhoven penalty award in Champions League tie
- Yashasvi Jaiswal breaks into top-20 of ICC Test Rankings