Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde hinted the La Liga champion could make some sales before the transfer window closes.
It has been a busy off-season for Barca, which has signed Frenkie de Jong, Antoine Griezmann, Junior Firpo, Neto and Emerson.
De Jong's arrival from Ajax has increased Barca's midfield numbers, leading to speculation over the futures of Arturo Vidal, Ivan Rakitic and Philippe Coutinho.
Speaking after Barca's 2-1 win over Arsenal in the Joan Gamper Trophy on Sunday, Valverde – whose team has also been linked to former star Neymar – said: "There are quite a few players in midfield.
"We'll see if something happens. I don't know if any sales or signings will be completed."
Asked about Vidal, who only joined from Bayern Munich in 2018-19, Valverde added: "This year there's more competition."
Netherlands international De Jong was named man of the match against Arsenal, who succumbed to Luis Suarez's 90th-minute winner at Camp Nou.
"He's curious and thoughtful and always wants to improve," Valverde said of De Jong, who joined in a €75million deal from Ajax.
"He's always demanding and always wants the ball. He doesn't overplay in tough situations.
"He can work harder and give us more speed. He's a good signing."
Barcelona will face Napoli in a pair of friendlies on August 7 and 10 before opening their LaLiga title defence away to Athletic Bilbao on August 16.
- IND vs AUS, 5th T20I: Arshdeep Singh holds nerve in tense final over as India wins series 4-1
- EURO 2024: Which group is the Group of Death at the European Championship?
- Achinta Sheuli to spearhead Indian challenge at Grand Prix II, Mirabai not in medal contention
- Who is Paris Brunner, the Golden Ball winner in the FIFA U17 World Cup 2023 from Germany?
- I-League 2023-24: Mohammedan Sporting crosses Sreenidi hurdle to cement lead on top