Villarreal have secured the services of Andres Fernandez from Porto on a permanent basis for an undisclosed fee.
The 30-year-old spent the 2016-17 campaign on loan at the Estadio de la Ceramica and has signed a four-year deal after Villarreal exercised its purchase option.
Fernandez started the season as back-up to Sergio Asenjo but became the first-choice goalkeeper when the latter suffered a serious knee injury.
He made 20 appearances in all competitions for Villarreal last term.
Fernandez started his professional career with Mallorca B and represented Osasuna and Huesca before joining Porto in 2014.
He failed to secure regular first-team football at the Portuguese giants, though, and has now returned to his native country permanently.
- NZ vs AUS, 1st Test: Lyon masterclass leads Australia to 172-run win against New Zealand
- Inter Miami 5-0 Orlando City HIGHLIGHTS, MLS: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez help MIA thrash ORL
- Late Digne strike gives Villa 3-2 win over Luton
- Inter Miami vs Orlando City LIVE streaming info: Preview, predicted 11, when and where to watch MLS match in India?
- Klopp dismisses Forest complaints over Nunez winner