Giovanni Simeone has been named in the Argentina squad for the first time for next month's friendly matches, with Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero among those left out.
Barcelona star Messi was expected to be rested for the games against Guatemala and Colombia, according to reports in his homeland, and may not resume international duties until 2019.
Aguero, Angel Di Maria, Gonzalo Higuain, Nicolas Otamendi, Marcos Rojo, Lucas Biglia and Enzo Perez have also been overlooked, all having played at the World Cup this year.
Fiorentina forward Simeone, the son of Atletico Madrid head coach Diego Simeone, has been included alongside Inter youngster Lautaro Martinez and club captain Mauro Icardi.
Untested youngsters Exequiel Palacios, Alan Franco, Matias Vargas and Santiago Ascacibar are also in the 29-man squad, which sees returns for Juventus star Paulo Dybala and Zenit's Leandro Paredes.
Uncapped Leonel Di Placido, Gonzalo Martinez, Franco Cervi and Walter Kannemann are also in the squad. Franco Vazquez, who won two caps for Italy before switching international allegiance to Argentina, is also included.
Argentina faces Guatemala in Los Angeles on September 6 before taking on Colombia in New Jersey six days later, in what will be its first matches under interim boss Lionel Scaloni.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer