Finishing woes hit Aditi Ashok as she dropped three shots between the 15th and 17th and ended with a card of two-over 73, which saw her slip to tied 41st in the third round of the Sime Darby LPGA here on Saturday.
Aditi still has one more round to make up and could well get back to a decent finish on Sunday.
The 18-year-old, who was tied 23rd at the halfway stage, had just two birdies on the third and 14th and a streak of pars between fourth and 13th.
She, however, began with a bogey on first. She is now one-under for 54 holes and way behind the leader Shanshan Feng, who was seven-under for the third round with one more hole to play.
Shanshan, the Olympic gold medallist, who is 2-1-2 in the last three editions of this event, looks set for her second win in four years as she is 13-under through 17 holes in the third round.
Overnight leader Amy Yang was just one-under through 15 holes and in third place at 11-under. Anna Nordquist moved to second at 12-under with three more to play.
Play was suspended due to inclement weather and later light. Six players were yet to finish their third round.
- ISL 2023-24: Super-Sub Bipin brace helps Mumbai City brush struggling Chennaiyin FC aside
- MI vs DC Live Score, WPL 2024: Kapp removes Hayley Matthews off second ball
- Indian sports wrap, February 23
- IOC says there will be no compromise if Milan-Cortina Olympics bobsled track is not ready by March 2025
- Janneke Schopman resigns as India women’s hockey team head coach