Rickie Fowler has backed Tiger Woods' decision to take more time to get his game in shape ahead of a return to competition.
Woods, 40, was scheduled to make an eagerly awaited comeback from injury at the Safeway Open last month, only to withdraw due to being unhappy with where his game was at. Fowler, who helped the United States to Ryder Cup success with Woods as vice-captain, said the 14-time major champion should wait until he is ready.
Woods is now expected to return at the Hero World Challenge in December.
"Tiger Woods needs to take the time he needs to come back," he said. "He's only going to continue to help the game when he does come back. He still has the biggest fanbase. The role he played as the vice-captain was a lot of fun. It meant a lot to him."
Fowler, the world number 10, has just one win this year, having taken out the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship in January.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra loses three vs TN; Solanki smashes century vs Mumbai
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 120/5, leads by 166 runs at Tea; Kuldeep gets Stokes, Crawley
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon