Tiger Woods' caddie has revealed he offered a heckler money to leave Firestone as the former world number one competed in the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.
In the final round of the tournament two weeks ago, a man repeatedly directed heckles at 14-time major champion Woods.
Caddie Joe LaCava told ESPN's 'Golic and Wingo' show that he tried to politely ask the heckler to stop, but decided to hand him some money when that did not work. "He goes, 'Well, if you give me the $25 I paid for a ticket today, I'll leave.' So I go, here's $25,'' LaCava explained.
LaCava said that he handed $25 to the man, but he stayed close and continued to heckle Woods. So, LaCava flagged down security and had the man kicked out of the tournament.
"He didn't have a problem. And, actually, I got a standing ovation for kicking the guy out of there,'' LaCava said. Woods finished the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational tied for 31st at even par, before tying for second at last week's US PGA Championship.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s 10 man team keeps it all square, second half underway
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final