The Pakistan team’s Chennai connect got a little stronger with city-based sports physiotherapist Rajakamal joining the team for the duration of the competition on Wednesday evening.
Pakistan, which does not have its chief coach Shahnaz Sheikh here, were also without a physio and, realising one was sorely needed in the testing conditions, approached Tamil Nadu hockey joint secretary Clement Lurduraj who brought Rajakamal on board.
“Being with a national team is always prestigious, whether Pakistan or anyone else. The team has been very welcoming and nice,” Rajakamal told Sportstar.
“The only hurdle is language – I can’t speak Hindi and there are only a few there who can communicate in English. But I am sure it will be a great experience – hopefully I will learn some Hindi by the time the tournament is over and, if time permits, also teach them some Tamil!” he added.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 2: IND 103/2, trails ENG by 250; Patidar joins Jaiswal
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 2 Updates: Musheer scores double century; Karun Nair out for 90 vs KAR
- Pakistan to host New Zealand for five-match T20 series ahead of 2024 World Cup
- Inter Miami completes signing of midfielder Federico Redondo
- NBA roundup: Heat beats Pelicans, 4 ejected after brawl