Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB) defeated Madhya Pradesh 5-0 to retain the Hockey India Senior Women’s National Championship (Division A) title for the record sixth consecutive time here Monday. The defending champion went unbeaten in the competition in its title defence.
Neha (12', 16') and Navneet Kaur (25', 28') scored a brace each after Vandana Katariya (10') handed RSPB the lead in the summit clash of the ninth edition of the tournament.
Haryana claimed the third spot after eking out a narrow 3-2 win over Maharasthra in the third-fourth place match earlier in the day.
Sonika (6'), Rani Rampal (39') and Deepika (49') scored for Haryana, while Lalruatfeli (13', 42') struck both the goals for Maharasthra.
Latest on Sportstar
- Verstappen says Red Bull unlikely to win every race
- Messi to leave PSG: What next for the FIFA World Cup winner?
- India vs Pakistan Live Score, Final: IND 0-0 PAK; Men in Blue eye title defence - Junior Asia Cup updates
- Napoli set to lift Serie A trophy but bid farewell to Luciano Spalletti
- Hamilton sees Spain as a perfect test for Mercedes