Hockey India on Sunday announced a 34-member core probable group for the national coaching camp to be held in SAI, Bengaluru, from October 16.
The national camp will conclude on October 22, while the prestigious Women’s Asian Champions Trophy will begin in Ranchi from October 27.
The tournament is being held in India for the first time, and it will feature reigning champion China along with Japan, Korea, Malaysia and Thailand.
India will open its campaign against Thailand.
Janneke Schopman, India’s Chief Coach, said the week-long camp will help the team refocus on the areas that require assessment and improvement ahead of the big event.
“Every tournament we play from now on till the Olympic Qualifiers will be important for us, giving us an opportunity to improve as a team. This will be a very short camp in Bengaluru before we move to Ranchi.
“We will be assessing our performance at the Asian Games in detail. The players are returning after a brief break and will be mentally fresh to take on the upcoming challenge at home,” said Schopman.
- WFI says wrestling trials for Asian Championships and Olympic qualifier will be held on March 10, 11
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Rajeshwari removes Meghana, Wareham in same over
- ISL 2023-24: Odisha FC and Mohun Bagan SG play out a goalless draw to maintain top of the table excitement
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Indrajith steps up as Tamil Nadu asserts control against Saurashtra