Italian Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso recorded the best time in the third free practice at the Catalunya Grand Prix on Saturday but championship leader Marc Marquez struggled again and finished ninth quickest.
Dovizioso, who won at Montmelo last year, set the best time of the weekend with 1min 38.923sec, 0.089 faster on the morning than Spaniard Maverick Vinales and 0.007 secs faster than the time Ducati team-mate Jorge Lorenzo, another Spaniard, set on Friday.
Reigning world champion Marquez suffered his second crash of the weekend, this time on corner 10 while on a flying lap.
The Spaniard will have to take part in the first qualifying session to have a chance of competing for pole position in Q2.
Times from Saturday's MotoGP third free practice for the Grand Prix of Catalunya in Montmelo:
1. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA/Ducati) 1:38.923
2. Maverick Vinales (ESP/Yamaha) at 0.089 secs
3. Cal Crutchlow (GBR/LCR Honda) 0.118
4. Johann Zarco (FRA/Yamaha Tech3) 0.220
5. Valentino Rossi (ITA/Yamaha) 0.227
6. Danilo Petrucci (ITA/Ducati) 0.279
7. Dani Pedrosa (ESP/Honda) 0.296
8. Tito Rabat (ESP/Ducati) 0.333
9. Marc Marquez (ESP/Honda) 0.467
10. Hafizh Syahrin (MAL/Yamaha Tech3) 0.605
Latest on Sportstar
- NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs Denver Nuggets, Game 2 Box Score
- NBA Finals: 3 takeaways from Game 2 as Miami Heat levels series
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius