Mick Schumacher will return to the track in a Formula One car for a Pirelli tyre test at the Circuit de Catalunya with Mercedes next week after Sunday’s Spanish Grand Prix.
The 24-year-old German, son of seven-time world champion Michael, lost his race seat at U.S.-owned Haas at the end of last season and is now reserve to also seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton and George Russell at Mercedes.
The test, on Tuesday and Wednesday, will be his first in a 2023 car.
“After the Grand Prix weekend, Mick will also get his first real-world taste of the W14 (car) on the second day of the Pirelli tyre test,” said team boss Toto Wolff.
“He has done a great job with the team so far, working hard back in the simulator and giving valuable input trackside.”
Russell will drive the car on Tuesday.
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships
- Arif Khan: From Valley to Beijing with hope and valour
- Covid-19: The state of women's tournaments across the world