Hero MotoSports Team Rally, on Tuesday, further improved its position in the ongoing Pan Africa Rally 2019, with team rider Joaquim Rodrigues claiming victory in Stage 2 of the Rally.
The shortened stage, of 145km, saw the Rodrigues blaze through the first half of the stage to bring in another stage win for his team. Rodrigues is currently placed at the top of the rankings in the overall standings and his teammate is C. S. Santosh is placed in the tenth position in the overall rankings.
Rodrigues said: “(It was) a very good day for me today. I started pushing ahead right from the beginning and tried to catch the guys in front of me. But by then the dust was really terrible, making it difficult to see anything. I managed to pass two of the riders in front of me and arrived at the refuelling point in the 2nd place. Too bad that they had to cancel the second part because of some technical problems, but for me it means that I get a good win for my team.”
ALSO READ | INRC 2019: Popular Rally to be held as scheduled
Santosh also continued with his solid run and finished stage two in 11th place, enabling him to maintain his top-10 spot in the overall rankings.
“Yesterday, when we were working on the road books, it looked like a long and fast stage. It started that way but was shortened to 145 kms by the organisers. I made a few mistakes in the beginning and after that just concentrated on following the road book right to the end. So overall not a bad day as I got my bike to the finish line and will build it from here over the next couple of stages,” Santosh said after the stage.
Stage 3 of the Rally will challenge the competitors with the longest test yet with 450 kms of riding under the clock. The results of this stage will have a definitive influence on the final standings.
- Table Tennis Live Score, Asian Games 2023: Sutirtha, Ayhika face North Korea in TT Semifinal, Women’s Doubles updates
- Jrue Holiday traded to Boston Celtics, as Portland continues making moves
- Athletics LIVE updates, Asian Games 2023: Vithya equals national record to qualify for women’s 400m final; Tejaswin fifth in men’s decathlon; Hangzhou 2022 streaming info
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 2 - LIVE - India men, women win bronze in speed skating 3000m relay, stays fourth with 55 medals
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: India wins 2 bronze in speed skating 3000m relay; Vithya Ramraj equals PT Usha’s national record in 400m hurdles heat