Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa is a doubt for the next MotoGP race in Austin following an operation on a broken wrist.
Pedrosa crashed out on the opening lap of the Argentina Grand Prix on Sunday and the damage sustained left him requiring medical treatment in Barcelona.
While the surgery was a success, the 32-year-old may struggle to be fit in time for the Grand Prix of the Americas on April 22, with a return in Jerez a fortnight later more realistic.
"The operation was a bit invasive," said Xavier Mir, a MotoGP doctor who performed the operation. "The idea would be to come back for Jerez instead of Austin.
"But it's not sure when he will be competing. His wrist is inflamed and more will be known in the next 72 hours."
Pedrosa finished fourth in the riders' standings last year and placed seventh in the season-opening Qatar Grand Prix.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat 93-104 Nuggets Highlights, NBA Finals Game 1: Jokic, Murray shine as Denver takes lead
- Zverev makes winning return to French Open court of pain
- Stuttgart hammers 10-man Hamburg to take relegation playoff advantage
- Former skipper Hooper joins West Indies coaching team
- Emma Raducanu, 2021 US Open champion, announces split from coach