Spanish motorcycle rider Raul Torras Martinez died in a crash during the Isle of Man TT races on Tuesday night, organisers said in a statement.
They said the 46-year-old was killed during the first Supertwin race and on the third and final lap between the 16th and 17th mile markers.
Torras Martinez was an experienced TT competitor, making his debut on the island in 2017 and competing in a total of 21 races.
He had recorded his fastest ever lap earlier on Tuesday on his way to 20th place in the Superstock race.
“Raul was the fastest Spaniard ever to have lapped the TT course,” organisers said.
The TT races have been run since 1907 and the event ranks as one of the most dangerous in motorsport.
Six competitors died last year and Torras Martinez was the 267th fatality in the history of the event.
- Carlos Alcaraz vs Daniil Medvedev, Live Updates - US Open 2023 Men’s Semifinals, winner faces Novak Djokovic in final
- US Open 2023, Day 13 Order of Play: Gauff faces Sabalenka in women’s final, Pegula-Krajicek eye mixed doubles crown
- US Open 2023: Carlos Alcaraz vs Daniil Medvedev, Semifinal Preview, Head-to-head record, live streaming info
- Djokovic beats Shelton to reach 10th US Open final
- EURO 2024 qualifier: Ronaldo and Co. rides on Bruno’s goal as Portugal beats Slovakia 1-0