The drama around two of the biggest names in UFC currently - Alex Pereira and Israel Adesanya doesn’t seem to stop anytime soon.
After annihilating Pereira in the UFC 287 middleweight title bout with a knockout finish in the second round at the FTX Arena in Miami, Florida, last month, the undisputed 185-pound champion left no stone unturned to mock his long-term rival on and off the cage.
As an act of retaliation, Adesanya, dubbed ‘The Last Stylebender,’ mocked Pereira’s son and also posted a reaction video on his official YouTube channel, which has over 1.5 million views.
In a recent Twitter post, the two-time UFC middleweight champion put out a photo of a knocked-out Pereira over an edited crime-scene backdrop, writing, “I love this game.”
The Brazilian responded by inviting him to another fight to show the world who is the true champion. He replied, “In kick-boxing it’s impossible now to be better than me. In MMA it’s 1:1. Be real with your fans and let’s show the world who is better in MMA”.
Pereira had a three-to-one record against Adesanya. He defeated him twice in the kickboxing circuit and knocked him out to crown the middleweight title in December 2022.
- WI vs IND, 2nd Test: India eight wickets away from a series clean sweep against West Indies
- IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4 Highlights: Ashwin picks two, West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase vs India at stumps
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France