Celebrated Indian boxer M.C. Mary Kom is all set to add another honour to her glittering career when she receives the ‘Legends Award’ from the International Boxing Association (AIBA) on its 70th anniversary on December 20.An Olympic bronze-medallist and a five-time world champion, Mary Kom is also Rajya Sabha MP now.
“I would like to thank the AIBA President and officials for this prestigious award. This recognition from AIBA will encourage young boxers in our country to work hard. It is a very emotional as well as a motivating day for me,” Mary Kom said reacting to the honour.
“Even after so many years, if people remember you and your achievements it shows their generosity and love towards me. Thank you once again for this award, it’s a memory I would cherish for my lifetime,” she added.
AIBA is celebrating its 70th Anniversary on December 20 during which it will present the award to Mary Kom. Mary Kom is also a multiple-time Asian champion and was named an AIBA brand ambassador during the World Championships earlier this year.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Meghana, Ghosh take Royal Challengers Bangalore past 100
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Indrajith steps up as Tamil Nadu asserts control against Saurashtra
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bashir’s exploits, under Nostradamus Stokes, leave India in tatters
- No denying Janneke Schopman’s contribution but missing Olympics made her stay untenable
- BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2024: Bhagat, Yathiraj, Nagar reach finals