A sports anthem featuring 18 achievers from India’s record haul at the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics will be launched on Monday.
Five Olympic medallists - javelin star Neeraj Chopra, wrestler Ravi Dahiya, weightlifter Mirabai Chanu, boxer Lovlina Borgohain and hockey star P.R. Sreejesh - will be the main attraction of the video titled “Mann me hai maidan (playground is in the heart).
Thirteen top Paralympians, including Tokyo gold medallists Sumit Antil, Manish Narwal, Pramod Bhagat and Padmashri Devendra Jhajharia, will join them.
The anthem has been planned and executed by the International Institute of Sports Management (IISM), an institution founded by former India cricketer Nilesh Kulkarni and his wife Rasika, on the 72nd anniversary of the adoption of Jana Gana Mana as the national anthem of India.
IISM, which was conferred with the Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar by the Government of India in 2020, had conceptualised a video of the national anthem featuring top sportspersons including Sunil Gavaskar, Sania Mirza, Gagan Narang, Dhanraj Pillay, Bhaichung Bhutia and Sachin Tendulkar.
- IND vs PAK, Asia Cup 2023: Afridi removes Rohit, Kohli in two overs
- Video: Ind vs Pak, Asia Cup 2023: Need to understand when to take risks and when not to, says Rohit Sharma
- IND vs PAK LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023: Play to resume as rain stops; Gill, Kishan aim to rebuild for India vs Pakistan
- India vs Pakistan Asia Cup 2023 LIVE Scorecard Updates, Streaming: IND 51/3 (11.2); India in trouble; When and where to watch match today?
- Summer Transfer Window: Most impactful signings in Europe so far