Michael Phelps and company's spectacular win in the men's 4x100m relay and Novak Djokovic's shock exit from the first round of men's tennis were among the highlights of the third day at the Rio Olympics 2016.
Phelps added a record 19th Olympic gold medal, helping the US relay team stave off defending champion France and the bronze medal winner, Australia.
Juan Martin del Potro's array of powerful forehands ended world number one Djokovic's hopes of winning the gold medal as he went down 6-7 6-7. The Murray brothers -- Andy and Jamie -- and the Williams sisters -- Venus and Serena -- crashed out of the doubles event.
For India, Dipa Karmakar scripted history as she became the first Indian to make the cut for the individual vault finals in her debut Olympic Games after finishing 8th in the qualifying round.
Let's see what's in store on day four.
GOLD MEDAL EVENTS:
INDIANS IN ACTION:
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND 165/5, 27 runs to win; Gill, Jurel in control of run chase
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: MP beats Andhra by 4 runs; Karnataka makes comeback vs Vidarbha
- PKL 10: Patna Pirates defender Krishan Dhull gears up for playoff challenge against Dabang Delhi
- Nike to release Australia women’s goalkeeper jersey after backlash
- NBA roundup: Pacers snap Mavs’ 7-game win streak