The Mission Olympic Cell (MOC) of the sports ministry has approved shooters Ganemat Sekhon and Gurjoat Singh’s proposals to train in Italy under foreign coaches Piero Genga and Ennio Falco respectively.
Ganemat, who recently won mixed team event gold in the ISSF World Cup in Cairo and is currently the country’s number one in the women’s skeet event, would spend 11 days training in Bari under Italian coach Genga.
Gurjoat will head to Capua and will train at TAV Falco for 10 days. Both the TOPS athletes are preparing for the upcoming ISSF World Championship and the Asian Games, scheduled to be held in Hangzhou later this year.
The financial assistance will cover Ganemat and Gurjoat’s coaching, (shooting) range fees along with ammunition, travel, lodging costs and local transportation costs and OPA, among other expenses, according to a press release.
Latest on Sportstar
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao
- RMA 1-1 ATH; La Liga Highlights: Benzema goal helps Real Madrid secure draw against Athletic Bilbao
- Saudi Arabia’s Al Ittihad to sign Benzema on two-year deal - Saudi state media