Ace Indian shooter Jitu Rai finished sixth in the men’s 10m air pistol event of the ISSF World Cup Final here today.
Jitu shot a score of 117.2 to finish sixth and be the third to be eliminated in the eight-shooter final.
Damir Mikec of Serbia clinched the gold with a total score of 202.9. The silver and bronze went to Wei Pang (199.7) of China and Ismail Keles (178.4) of Turkey respectively.
Two days back, Jitu had won a silver in the 50m pistol event here.
Jitu, who was touted as India’s best shooting medal hope in Rio Olympics but failed to deliver, had earlier won a silver medal at the ISSF World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan in the 10m air pistol event.
Meanwhile, Sanjeev Rajput who had won a silver medal this season in the last World Cup, was not at his best in the rifle 3-position event and placed tenth with a modest score of 1161.
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Jurel, spinners help India turn things around on moving day
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Pujara falls for 46 as SAU loses 8; Baroda concedes lead to Mumbai
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin overtakes Kumble for most wickets in Tests in India
- Honduras striker Elis in hospital after serious head injury
- Pakistan pacer Haris Rauf dislocates shoulder, ruled out of PSL 2024